ACS desires to be a school that is safe for children, families, and staff members at all times. Our goal is to provide an orderly environment that fosters positive character and accountability and that values individuality by treating all members of the school community with dignity and respect.
ACS staff will work to ensure an orderly and safe atmosphere conducive to learning, in the classroom and on campus, by communicating school rules to students and parents and modeling and enforcing these rules. We will work to correct safety hazards in a timely manner. We will conduct the business of education in a professional, ethical, and legal manner.
- Showing no tolerance for disrespect including disrespectful language, gestures, or body actions.
- Following ACS school rules: be obedient, be safe, be responsible and be respectful.
- Following the playground rules.
- Being dressed in proper uniform and shoes.
- Following all other rules and guidelines stated in the Parent/Student Handbook.
- Holding students accountable with verbal warnings, written instructions, and write ups.
- Doing daily inspections of the classroom.
- Following policies and procedures.
- Keeping our classrooms and work areas clean and organized.
- Informing the office or Principal whenever there is a problem or a safety hazard.
- Wearing my uniform and name tag with pride each day I come to work and dress accordingly at each event.
- Being a part of the solution and helping out whenever I can to keep ACS in tip-top shape.
- Accident free school for Children/Parents/Staff.
- Number of office referral forms for safety violations.
- Number of PraxiSchool discipline and merits received.
- Number of dress code violations received.
- Number of parent communications needed for safety violations.
- Monthly inspections by the School Director of Operations or Principal. Superior safety rating on unannounced school inspections.
- Frequency of written inspections and corrections.
- Reviewing safety practices and procedures annually.
- % of staff with CPR/first aid certification.
- Superior Fire Marshall and Superintendent inspections annually.
- Spot checks by Supervisor.
- School is kept clean and orderly.