*TerraNova are a series of standardized achievement tests employed in the United States to assess kindergarten through twelfth-grade students in reading, language, mathematics, and other areas. The tests are published by CTB/McGraw-Hill.
Anthem Christian School desires to develop lifelong learners who demonstrate the ability to perform, achieve, and/or excel in scholastic activities. At ACS, we want our students to grow intellectually, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. We desire to create a disciplined and distinctively Christian environment that equips students with the essential skills to be successful.
ACS teachers and staff engage students and spark the desire to learn. Teachers expect excellence from their students, and students tend to live up to those expectations. ACS desires to achieve academic excellence through hiring, retaining, and supporting innovative teachers who seek to continuously strengthen and improve our academic programs.
- Being ready to learn at 8:10 AM every day.
- Looking at the teacher, focusing on the lesson.
- Completing and turning in all assignments by the due date.
- Participating in class discussions by asking and answering questions in class.
- Taking time to review material before tests and quizzes.
- Covering books, putting books and supplies away properly and using them correctly.
- Arriving on time.
- Preparing all curriculum in advance during preparation time.
- Keeping current and knowledgeable of the curriculum for your assigned class level.
- Using a variety of instructional methods to help students learn.
- Improving skills and knowledge by participating in staff development, workshops, classes and/or research on best teaching practices.
- Setting goals at each review and following and meeting deadlines.
- Being in constant communication with parents via email, text, telephone, conferences, and/or notes home.
- Number of unexcused tardies and absences.
- Scores on projects, quizzes, and tests.
- Number of assignments earning full credit in the gradebook.
- Better quiz and test scores and improved participation in class.
- Books and school supplies available and ready to use when needed and returning them in proper condition.
- Standardized Test Score
- On Time % per employee.
- Absentee rate.
- Turning in completed lesson plans on time.
- Students standardized test scores are improving yearly.
- Staff member training day hours.
- Continuing education.
- PraxiSchool is kept current.
- Student achievement reports are done each quarter/semester.
- Parent/teacher conferences as requested.
- Completing set goals and meeting deadlines.
- Number of contacts each family receives from the school.